Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Books

The book has been man's greatest triumph.
Seated in my library, I live in a time machine.
In an instant I can be transmitted to any era,any part of the world,even to outer space.

I have lived in every period of history. I have listened to Buddha speak,marched with Alexander and sailed in Titanic. I have been a friend to Charles Darwin and have sailed in Beagle to Galapagos islands. I have walked in the forest with Ram, Laxman and Sita and listened to Lord Krishna deliver the sermon of sacred Gita to Arjun on the battle field of Kurukshetra.

Best of all, I can do it again, at any moment. The books are there. I have only to reach up to the shelves and take them down to relive the moments I have loved.




(Style adopted from U S author Amour)

No comments:

Post a Comment