Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A page from Grand Dad's Diary- Sri Satish Chandra Dubey,Rtd. Inspector of Police and Advocate, Godda Court

Date-21-10-1958
------------------  
At- Bandanwar
-----------------  
The sky is still cloudy. People are after Pujas to dedicate goats. A goat was sacrificed in my house. This is the last day of my Navratri  "Brata". I did not go to see the field and directed "Hurwa" to see and watch it.

I did not go to Barkope to have a "darshan" of Goddess Durga.

Prof. Bahadur came to my place and Babu remained engaged with him till late in the afternoon.

All the members except Babu, Fateh and myself went to Durga Asthan. Madho after great pursuation followed them.

Date- 22-10-1958                            Day-" Vijaya Dasmi"
-----------------                              ---------------------

This is the last day of the Pujas. Two goats were sacrificed at Durga asthan last night and brought in the morning.

I will make "Parna" of my "Brata" by eating meat.

None went to see the field.

Went out to see Nilkantha but to no effect.

Had a darshan of Goddess Durga and then returned.

Again tried to see Nilkantha and saw it.

1 comment:

  1. Late Satish chandra Dubey is also my grand Dad.This is such that Late Brijmohan Dubey of Bandanwar had four sons and five daughters.Sons :- Narsingh Prasad Dubey,Retired inspector of police,retired in the year 1931,Satish Chandra Dubey,retired inspector of police,retired in the year1948,Jyotish Prasad Dubey and Yadav Prasad Dubey and daughters were:-Hemanti,Damiani,Katyayni@kaitan,Maharaj Lakhabati @Lakha.I am grandson of said Lakhabati @Lakha,presently resides in Dumka,where I was an Advocate and thereafter I have joined as an Assistant in Civil courts,now posted in Dumka.As per family information Late Brijmohan Dubey was proprietor of Barkop estate and a Zamindar of Keshri Estate,who died in the year 1915 due to Asthama attack.My grandmother had born in the year 1906 and the collection of Estate on the day of her birth was Rs.One law in silver coins and thus she was named as Lakhabati @Lakha.Dr.Ujwal Kumar Mishra son of Sri Hari Krishna Mishrs.Dumka 814101.jharkhand.contact number 8298061034.

    ReplyDelete