Sunday, July 15, 2012

Preoccupations

The biggest problem in life is our preoccupations. I come from a country which boasts of the most researched ways of soul srearching. We have thousands of ways to search for the meaning of life. We have the knowledge of the cosmic presence of an all Pervading Power. We know  how little we, our conflicts and our problems matter in this vast limitless creation. Still we pay little heed to all that Jaaz because all our lives we are preoccupied---- with our own thoughts, our own ideas,our own problems. We are preoccupied with the problem of survival forgetting all the while that survival is natural. We don't learn to breathe,do we ?
When I was in school I was preoccupied with the problem of what I would do after School. Would I be able to make it to a good college? In college I was preoccupied with the problem of how good a career would I have. I was worried thinking when I would fall in love. When I fell in love Iwas worried whether or not it would work out fine, After I broke up I was preoccupied with the problem of picking up the pieces and starting again.All the while I took the good moments for granted and made a hue and cry about the bad ones. In my own mind I gave much more weight to the failures than the successes. All the while I forgot to live because I was preoccupied with my own fears.
Life is predestined. We are born. We will die. when we die we will not take anything with us including the failures and the successes. at the final moment  of our reunion with the universe nothing will matter, We can do nothing to stop the forces of universe from working in their own fashion, Our preoccupations serve nothing  and no one.
Happiness, however transitory it may be, is worth cherishing. These moments are small gifts to us given by The Ultimate Power for enduring the shocks and surprises She bestows upon us. It is wise to get rid of our worries and preoccupations as we don't have a right to these. The only thing we are supposed to do so is to live the moment, enjoy the gifts and reunite with The Univers with smiling face.



N B- this piece of write -up was  picked up by me from a dust bin of my house. The write-up was on the back of an old envelope thrown in the dust bin. Although the writer is Anonymus ,I guess She may be one of my children.

1 comment:

  1. I remember scribbling this years ago out of boredom years ago. Pleasant feeling that you found it papa. Years have gone by but the truth in the text stands strong. I believe it even more firmly now.

    ReplyDelete